We are proud to announce AirBeam 1.3, a major feature update that now adds also audio streaming to our unique iOS based video surveillance solution. AirBeam is an universal app for iOS that streams video and with the update now also audio in amazing quality between any number of iDevices on a WiFi or 3G network. With AirBeam each device can be used either as a surveillance camera or as a remote monitor. AirBeam can run simultaneously on any number of devices, enabling flexible multi-camera and multi-monitor configurations.
AirBeam’s new audio streaming comes with four different audio codecs. For example 44kHz PCM offers CD quality audio on a WiFi network while efficient AAC encoding provides low bit rates for audio surveillance over a 3G connection.
Besides audio streaming, AirBeam 1.3 introduces many other new features:
- Audio detection: Similar to the already supported motion detection for video, audio detection can trigger alarms or recordings to produce a compact track containing only the relevant events of a surveillance session.
- Torch control: When using an iPhone4 as camera device the built-in torch can be remotely turned on and off to illuminate the scene.
- Stealth mode: For audio surveillance, the device can now be completely locked so that one can’t notice the monitoring is active.
- Export to camera roll: Recordings can now be exported to your device’s camera roll.
- iOS5 compatibility
- Video capturing requires built-in camera (iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod 4G, iPad2)
- Audio capturing requires built-in microphone (iPhone 3, 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod 4G, iPad, iPad2) or external microphone (iPod 3g)
- iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
- Requires iOS 4.2 or later
- Universal Application
- 3.1 MB
Pricing and availability
AirBeam 1.3 is available for USD 3.99 (or equivalent amount in other currencies) worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Photography category.
Appologics is an independent iOS development studio founded in 2010 by experienced iOS developer Heiko Straulino. Appologics mission is to create amazing mobile Internet applications, technically advanced with perfect usability at the same time.