We are proud to announce AirBeam 2, the major remake of our AirBeam App-suite that turns iPhones, iPads and Macs into flexible remote cameras. AirBeam streams live video and audio from the cameras and microphones of of iPhones, iPods or iPads. The stream can be followed and controlled remotely on another device with the App or a web browser. AirBeam 2 is the largest update since AirBeam was released more than four years ago and introduces many exciting new features:
- Two way audio to allow the monitor speak through the remote camera.
- Dropbox integration to automatically upload recorded videos and photos to Dropbox.
- Hardware accelerated H.264 video encoding for video streaming in Full-HD quality.
- Still image support to capture high quality photos while streaming.
- Remote settings control to adjust camera setting such as resolution, frame rate and quality.
- Split screen view on iPad to view up to four cameras simultaneously.
- Remote access via browser or app to the media library of the camera device.
- Many more detail improvements.
Unfortunately we had to drop support for iOS6 and earlier, as it is technically not possible to support older versions while making use of the new capabilities at the same time. So if you are using still an iPhone 3GS with AirBeam, we recommend to not delete the previous app version on these devices when you upgrade.