AirBeam 1.1 released
We are proud to announce the release of AirBeam 1.1, a major feature update to our high quality iOS video surveillance solution. AirBeam is an universal app for iPhone, iPod and iPad and streams high resolution video with up to 30 frames per second between multiple iDevices on a WiFi network. With AirBeam each device can be used either as a surveillance camera or as a remote monitor. AirBeam can run simultaneously on any number of devices, enabling flexible multi-camera and multi-monitor configurations.
With AirBeam 1.0 released just a month ago, AirBeam 1.1 introduces numerous new features:
- Adaptive video encoding now continuously measures the quality of the WiFi connection and dynamically adapts the bitrate of the video stream. The result is a tremendous improvement of video quality and framerate.
- Password protection allows to protect camera devices with a password to prevent unauthorized access in open WiFi environments.
- Adjustable video buffering further smoothens video playback and allows adjustable latency for e.g. audio lipsync.
- Screen off on camera devices reduces battery consumption and allows longer run times.
- Mac readiness makes AirBeam ready for monitoring on MacOS computers. The MacOS app is currently in beta state and will be released on the Mac AppStore soon.
Universal app compatible with iPhone , iPod, iPad.
Requires iOS 4.2.1 or later.
Camera mode requires build in camera (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod 4G, iPad2)
Pricing and availability
AirBeam is available for 3.99 USD at the Apple App Store.
AppStore link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airbeam/id428767956?mt=8
Home page: http://appologics.com
Demo video: http://youtu.be/ctlktk_BNNg
Press kit (incl. screenshots): http://appologics.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/presskit.zip
Appologics is an independent iOS development studio founded in 2010 by experienced iOS developer Heiko Straulino. Appologics mission is to create amazing mobile Internet applications, technically advanced with perfect usability at the same time.
Heiko Straulino, founder & developer
Posted in: Company NewsLeave a Comment (0) ↓